Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A New Job

So, it's been a while since I've updated. I'm now a full-time High School Choral Director. I love it!! It's also taken some adjustment. I did close my private voice and piano studio....but we added 5 days a week of soccer with the boys and I'm still a Realtor. Does anyone remember where my bed is? Can you point me in the direction of my room?

Do you want to know the best way to be successful in Real Estate? Try to get out.

As soon as I took a full-time job and began to contemplate putting my Real Estate License on 'inactive' for a while...I got three new clients! I'll have had more closings this semester than I had last year. Crazy.

And somehow...in my other world...I've formed a new booster club and I'm putting on a full show with my choir every month this semester. Am I superwoman? No...I'm a crazy person. There is a very important word I need to learn...that word is "NO!" I'm such a people-pleaser. That is going to be my resolution this year....protect my own time...

I am looking forward to Christmas Break...and some oh sooooo needed treadmill time at the gym. One surprising discovery that I made this year is that I love running. I never thought I would say that...this is the girl that couldn't run the mile in gym in less that 20min, but I have really come to love it. I can now run for over two miles! Running has become my me time, my detox, my mental, emotional, and spiritual refuel. I really recommend it for anyone with a high-stress life....plus...I'm down 40lbs since last Christmas! A friend once had a great idea, Do a prayer run...if you have access to a track, use laps. If not, miles on the treadmill, adjust to your level. Use A.C.T.S. as your guide....one letter for each lap/mile. Adoration - Spend a lap praising Jesus for all the wonder that He is. Confession - Spend a lap making yourself right with God...cleanse your spirit. Thanksgiving - Spend a lap thanking God for the blessings in your life! Supplication - Spend a lap laying your needs down before the Lord - Even the flowers of the field are finely clothed.

For all of you Superwomen out there juggling too much....keep praying, and know that you are not alone! Leave me a comment so that I can remind myself that I'm not alone. What are you up to? How many things do you juggle and still manage to have your lipstick match your shoes? Keep it up! You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment